Neiffer Ranch is happy to have scaled up our egg operation this year. Some details on our flock:
- We use heritage breed hens (primarily Rhode Island Reds). While the heritage breeds do not lay quite as prolifically as the hybrids, its generally agreed that they are better foragers. They also are heavier, so they are not as prone to fly out of electric netting as hybrids.
- For predator protection, we keep our flock enclosed in a large area of electric fence netting. They are moved every three days to a fresh piece of pasture.
- We feed our birds a non GMO, corn & soy free ration.
- Our chickens have beaks & are treated humanely.
- Price: Large, $6.50/dozen, Medium $5.75, $5 for pullet (small) eggs